Posted by Dalice on November 12, 2002 at 03:54:13:
In Reply to: Milk Goat posted by CJ on November 11, 2002 at 07:49:51:
1. Nubians, considered the Jersey of the goatworld, can come in any color with lovely long floppy ears.
2. Saanens, considered Holsteins of the goats, they tend to give the most milk, but lower butterfat. THese goats are almost always just white.
3. Alpine, great milk producers too
and come in a great variety of colors.
4. La Mancha, the earless wonders, come in any color. A little less milk on average than the Saanen and Alpine.
5. Toggenberg, always a brown with tan markings. Give a good amount of milk too.
6. Oberhasli, always a reddish brown with black trim for markings. Give a decent amount of milk. I think these are the rarest of all the dairy goats. Don't know why but you just don't see them much.
Hope this helps and this is not all inclusive for sure. I love all goats, that is my problem.
4. La Manch
Post a Followup