Posted by Mary on February 23, 2002 at 04:36:10:
In Reply to: WARNING-propylene glycol posted by goat mom on February 22, 2002 at 12:56:55:
This gave me a heads up, so I had to check it out. From what I understand, propylene glycol is simiar to ethylene glycol, which is the solution used in anti-freeze, but it is 3 times less toxic. If given in toxic amounts, it causes the same symptoms as anti-freeze poisoning-kidney and central nervous system damage and eventually death. Propylene glycol is used in small amts. in cosmetics, medications, snack foods, and as a moisturizing agent in pet foods. So, I would think that using it at the recommended dosage, you would be safe. I think that I will just stick to the nutri-drench, which has the same effect, and is suppose to taste better. But, I would bet that if I check the label I will find propylene glycol in it too?? Hopefully, I will never be faced with the situation where I need to use these products. After this research, I am really tempted to go organic with anything that enters my body, my families , and all my animals. Seems like you don't really know what you are using until you pick it apart. Thanks for the heads up goat mom....and give that little bed buddy of yours a kiss for me. Let us know how it makes out.
Post a Followup