Getting Started - Requirements
- In order to place your Photo Ad(s) in the GoatWorld Picture Show, you will need to become a GoatWorld member.
Your Photo Ad will run for a period of 6 months or until you tell us the goat(s) has been sold within that 6 months.
Send your picture(s)
- You may send your picture(s) to email@example.com. It is important that you include in the Subject line of your email,
"Photo Ad for GWPS". (This is automatically accomplished when clicking the email link above). While there are no special requirements for your picture(s), we do suggest the following as a guideline:
While we allow photos of any size, we recommend that you at least make the photo large enough that it will display properly. A good rule of thumb is at least 400 pixels wide by 200 - 300 pixels in height. For those unfamiliar with processing graphics, if you just send in your photos, we will automatically size them to best fit the display. Please note that if you send a smaller photo and we enlarge it, it may appear distorted - in most cases we will make a decision to either use or not use these kind of pictures. Once we have received your Photo Ad and have added it to the rotation, we will send you an email confirmation that includes the assigned page location where your ad exists.
Adding your "for sale" description.
- When sending your Photo Ad email with your photo(s) attached, you will want to send a description of your ad. There are a few points to ponder when writing your ad and these are based upon our past experiences with common mistakes that are made:
- You of course will want to include your name.
- Including an email address and/or telephone number is optional but recommended.
- Putting your location (city and state) is a very good idea. You may also want to elaborate on the possibility of shipping, travel or willing to meet half way.
- Reflecting the sale price as "fixed" or "negotiable" is a very good idea as well.
- Your ad itself should include as much information as possible about the goat(s) you wish to sell. Some people will include such things as testing for CAE, history of the goat, good milker, good sire, etc. Your ad will be limited to 400 words per photo.
- Once we receive your ad, we will edit it for correct spelling and flow. We will do our best to provide you with a professional appearance for your ad.
Changing your "for sale" description.
- Corrections to ads will be made on an "as needed" basis; where there is a blatant error such as incorrect spelling, incorrect name, incorrect email address, or an incorrect telephone number. As a general rule, we will not re-edit ads to appear differently. If you would like to change your ad, it is best to have us delete the ad and then start over.
Deleting your Photo Ad.
- It may become necessary for you at some time to have us delete your ad, hopefully because the goat(s) has sold! If for any reason your would like for us to delete your existing ad, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that we delete your ad. Please be sure to include your assigned page address when requesting a deletion.
My ad is running. Is there anything else I can do?GoatWorld Classified Ads
- Yes. Now that your ad is located on the Internet, we suggest that you advertise in as many free ad services as possible. One such example of a free ad feature is located at:
There are several other goat related web sites that also include a free classified ad feature. In order to use your Photo Ad on GoatWorld, you will need to have handy your Photo Ad page location address - this will be assigned to you after receiving and posting your ad in the rotation.
Last Items of Importance:
- As we adopt the new format, this page will change and the following information will be included as the Terms of Service for GoatWorld Media: GoatWorld.com reserves the right to refuse those photographs and/or descriptions which we feel are unsuitable for the scope of this feature and the viewing audience. GoatWorld.com also reserves the right to use any said photographs and/or descriptions in conjuction with any other our other features such as GoatCards, Goats By Breed and Type, Reference Features, etc. This specific use in no way constitutes ownership or copyright ownership of submitted images on the part of GoatWorld and it should be understood that the photographs and descriptions are used only for the sake of educational and entertainment purposes. GoatWorld.com does however reserve the right to take legal action against corporations, individuals or entities who use any of the information in such a way for other than the educational and entertainment purposes for which it was intended. In other words, if the information contained within the categories is used for "profit" purposes, we will take action on behalf of GoatWorld.com and the individual who submits information for inclusion in the GoatWorld Media feature. GoatWorld.com will hold no liability or responsibility for either the buyer or seller in the case of any transactions or agreements reached between parties as a result of a Photo Ad posted.